A common question asked by the patients when they visit the best Orthopaedic Hospital in Ludhiana is ‘How do they get relief from lower back pain and sciatica without surgery?’ Yoga might be the one option to stabilize and strengthen the core muscles & it does increase the spine and hip flexibility. But, you need to be careful and perform them accurately. In case, the first-line treatment does not work or your condition is extremely severe, then the doctor will suggest you undergo spine surgery in Ludhiana.
In this article, our focus is on the 4 effective yoga poses which you should try at home.
Yoga Pose 1: Knees-to-chest pose
This pose helps to stretch out the muscles in the lower back. Here’s how you need to do it:
● Lie on the back and keep the leg straight, knees should touch the ground and inhale.
● When you exhale, bend the knees and slowly bring the thighs to the chest.
● Hug your knees and keep your back flat while you lay down.
● Stay in this pose for 30 seconds to 60 seconds and slowly breathe.
● Exhale and then release to legs and come to the initial position. Do this 5 times or how your body allows.
Yoga Pose 2: Cobra Pose
Cobra pose helps to work the core and stretch the lower back. Here’s what you need to do:
● Lie on the stomach and keep the legs straight.
● Keep your palms close to you on the ground and tuck in the elbows on the sides.
● When you inhale, push through the arms and list the chest from the ground.
● Keep the back arched, but the lower body and hips need to be pressed against the ground.
● Stay in this pose for 10 to 20 seconds and take deep breaths.
● Bring back your torso to the ground. Do this 2 to 3 times, or as you feel comfortable.
Yoga Pose 3: Cat-cow Pose
The cat-cow pose is effective to improve the backward and forward bending of the lower back. All in all, it improves posture, balance, and spinal flexibility. Here’s what you need to do:
● Get down on the knees and keep your hands on the floor. Keep the back and neck in a straight position.
● Inhale and keep the lower abdomen tight. Round your back towards the ceiling.
● Stay in this position for 5 seconds.
● Exhale and release, come back to the normal position.
● Inhale and arch the lower back & point the tailbone out
● Stay in this position for 5 seconds
● Exhale and release & come back to the normal position.
You can do this 5 to 10 times, or as you feel comfortable.
Yoga Pose 4: Bridge pose (provides strength to thighs and lower back)
● Lie on the back with knees bent and keep your feet flat on the ground.
● Arms should be straight on the sides and palm on the floor.
● Inhale and raise the hips into the air. Maintain the position straight from the hips to the shoulders.
● Stay in the position for 5 seconds.
● Breathe out and lower the hips on the floor. Do this 5 times or as you feel comfortable.
Make sure that you first consult the health expert and then include the yoga poses in your daily regime. These are effective but you need to be sure that which one is right for you.