Cloth Washer That won’t Fill with Water
Inlet Hose & Screens
Washing machine connected to the household water supply to the filling hose. The hose is usually 4-5 feet long and often will have plastic or wire mesh screens inserted into the end of the hose attached to the faucet. The screens prevent sediment entering the water inlet valve, which is located on the back of your appliance. Contact us for washing machine repair in kolkata, Pune, Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad and etc.
How to check the hose and the screen on your washing machine:
- Before suspect hoses and screens to make sure that the tap is turned on and that the inlet hose is not kinked.
- Next, you must turn off the tap and remove the filling hose from the valve inlet. Checking the screen that is part of the inlet valve, remove debris you find.
- Place the hose end into the tub or bucket and turn on the tap to verify that you have adequate pressure. If not, then remove the hose from the tap and check the screen for the accumulation of dirt or damage.
- If you encounter a problem during the examination of the above, you will need a replacement hose and screen.
Air Inlet Valve
Air Inlet Valve on your washing machine hot and cold water supply for wash and rinse. Solenoid valve will have two operating holes for both hot and cold water supply. Timer or electronic control, water temperature selector cycle and water level pressure switch control valve. Valve controlled by a timer or electronic control, water temperature / cycle selector switch and switch water level / pressure.
How to test the water inlet valve in the washing machine with a multi-meter:
- Before you begin, make sure that you have unplugged your washing machine.
- The water inlet valve is likely to be found just behind the hose connection. You will have to to remove the rear panel to access it. Once you have located it, remove the valve to test it.
- Prior to testing, checking the display in the pump and the pump itself for any debris or damage. Be careful when doing this as the screen cannot be replaced, and if they become corrupted the whole valve will need to be replaced.
- Set the multi-meter to RX1 and touch check out to the incurable. Readings functional valves vary from model to model refer to your owner's manual to determine what your readings should be.
- If you do not receive the recommended reading, you will need a water inlet valve replacement.
Close the switch at peak load washing machines are safety devices designed to prevent the motor circuit from operating when the lid is open. On some models, the water inlet valve circuit is also controlled. If the switch fails lid on this model, power cannot be supplied to the water inlet valve.
How to inspect the lid switch in a washing machine:
- Before starting this fix, make sure you have your appliance is disconnected from the power source.
- You should start by verifying that the switch is activated mechanically. To do this, you will need to remove the top panel or cabinet to see the back of the switch. You should also check the lever or actuator to verify that they are not damaged or sticking.
- If everything looks functional, remove the switch to test for continuity. Using a set of multi-meter to RX1, touch probe to the terminal while pressing in on the switch button. This test should produce a zero reading.
- If you do not receive a zero reading, you will need a replacement switch is closed.
Selector Switch & Water Temperature Switch
Selector switch or switch selects the water temperature water temperature for the wash and / or rinse portion of the cycle. Switches provide circuit to supply power to the solenoid is right on the water inlet valve.
How to test the selector switch in a washing machine with a multi-meter:
- Disconnect your appliance from the power source before starting.
- Open your washing machine cabinet to find and remove the selector switch. It is usually secured to the frame of the tool.
- With multi-meter you are ready to RX1, touch probe to the terminals of a button, you'll be testing one button at a time. Press the first button, the reading should be changed from infinity to zero. Then you have to press on top of another button, this should change back to reading to zero.
- If your tests do not replicate the results above, you will need a replacement selector switch.
Water Level Pressure Switch
Switch water level switch is activated the pressure is part of the water inlet valve. This section is habitually located behind the control panel and would have a pipe or tube linking the air arena to the bath. In the washing machine that uses electronic control, this switch may be located in the bottom of the tub sump. If a switch is damaged, it may not supply power to the water inlet valve.
How to test the water level switch in a cloth washer:
- Unplug your washing machine. Before suspecting the switch as a problem, check the dome air hose by submerging it in water, sealing one end and blew the other, there is no bubble to be out of the hose during this test. In addition, you should check for any signs of wear or damage. You will need to remove your tool cabinet to access the air dome hose.
- Remove the switch for the water level. It is usually found in the control panel but can also be found under the underbody sump area.
- Check the switch for any signs of wear, burns, cracks, or damage.
- If the air dome hose is not damaged or if the switch shows you all of the above symptoms, you may need to switch the water replacement rate.
Timer & Electronic Control
Timer or electronic controls are used to determine when the water inlet valve receiving power. Mechanical timer would have a series of electrical contacts which are operated by a small motor and cams. During washing, filling and fill the rinse cycle portions of this contact will supply electricity to the water inlet valve circuit.
How to test the timer control in the washing machine with a multi-meter:
- Before you begin, make sure that you have disconnected your instrument from a power source.
- Find and delete timers. You will need to remove all or part of your washing machine cabinet. When removing the switch, unplug the cable by holding the metal connector and not the cable itself.
- With multi-meter set to RX1 settings, touch your probe to the terminal timer that controls the motors (see the wiring diagram you). This test should result in a zero or almost zero because you are testing for continuity.
- If the test does not produce this result, you will need a replacement.
Give us a call to every need of your washing machine repair in pune, Mumbai, Kolkata and etc!